Thursday 4 May 2017

Baseball Sayings and Quotes



Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.

Babe Ruth






Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand.    

Leo Durocher





I do what I've trained my whole life to do. I watch the ball. I keep my eye on the ball. I never stop watching. I watch it as it sails past me and lands in the catcher's mitt, a perfect and glorious strike three.

Barry Lyga





Baseball is a game with a lot of waiting in it; it is a game with increasingly heightened anticipation of increasingly limited action.    

John Irving





Oh, to be a center fielder, a center fielder- and nothing more.

Philip Roth






Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.    

Ted Williams





You gotta be a man to play baseball for a living, but you gotta have a lot of little boy in you, too.

Roy Campanella





No game in the world is as tidy and dramatically neat as baseball, with cause and effect, crime and punishment, motive and result, so cleanly defined.

Paul Gallico





A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings.

Earl Wilson





I have observed that baseball is not unlike war, and when you get right down to it, we batters are the heavy artillery.    

Ty Cobb





Baseball is the only major sport that appears backwards in a mirror.

George Carlin






Baseball is a team game but, at the same time, it's a very lonely game: unlike in soccer or basketball, where players roam around, in baseball everyone has their little plot of the field to tend. When the action comes to you, the spotlight is on you but no one can help you.    

Chad Harbach





The thing I like about baseball is that it's one-on-one. You stand up there alone, and if you make a mistake, it's your mistake. If you hit a home run, it's your home run.    

Hank Aaron





Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball.

James Patrick Murray





Baseball is 90 percent mental and the other half is physical.

Yogi Berra





In baseball, you can't kill the clock. You've got to give the other man his chance. That's why this is the greatest game.

Earl Weaver





The crack of the bat, the sound of baseballs thumping into gloves, the infield chatter are like birdsong to the baseball starved.

W. P. Kinsella





Catching a fly ball is a pleasure, but knowing what to do with it after you catch it is a business.

Tommy Henrich





A pitcher has to look at the hitter as his mortal enemy.

Early Wynn





Baseball is like driving, it's the one who gets home safely that counts.

Tommy Lasorda





Playing baseball for a living is like having a license to steal.

Pete Rose





I throw the ball ninety-two miles an hour, but they hit it back just as hard.    

Joaquin Andujar





Guessing what the pitcher is going to throw is eighty percent of being a successful hitter. The other twenty percent is just execution.    

Hank Aaron





Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what it most truly is, is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.

Willie Mays





After I hit a home run I had a habit of running the bases with my head down. I figured the pitcher already felt bad enough without me showing him up rounding the bases.

Mickey Mantle





I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats.

Yogi Berra





The pitcher has got only a ball. I've got a bat. So the percentage in weapons is in my favor and I let the fellow with the ball do the fretting.

Hank Aaron





Baseball is drama with an endless run and an ever-changing cast.    

Joe Garagiola





Baseball is the only sport I know that when you're on offense, the other team controls the ball.

Ken Harrelson





Baseball is almost the only orderly thing in a very unorderly world. If you get three strikes, even the best lawyer in the world can't get you off.    

Bill Veeck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ta5OeYYZy0