Thursday, 11 May 2017

Chef Sayings and Quotes

“

The duty of a good cuisinier is to transmit to the next generation everything he has learned and experienced.    

Fernand Point



“

Although the skills aren't hard to learn, finding the happiness and finding the satisfaction and finding fulfillment in continuously serving somebody else something good to eat, is what makes a really good restaurant.    

Mario Batali



“

I think all chefs who pursue great flavor have good ethics.

Dan Barber



“

I think every chef, not just in America, but across the world, has a double edged sword two jackets, one that's driven, a self-confessed perfectionist, thoroughbred, hate incompetence and switch off the stove, take off the jacket and become a family man.    

Gordon Ramsay



“

We may live without poetry, music and art; We may live without conscience, and live without heart; We may live without friends; we may live without books; But civilized man cannot live without cooks.    

Edward Bulwer-Lytton



“

The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.

Anthelme Brillat-Savarin



“

If you're not the one cooking, stay out of the way and compliment the chef.    

Michael Strahan



“

Chefs are leaders in their own little world.

Eric Ripert



“

As chefs, we cook to please people, to nourish people.

Jose Andres



“

Japanese chefs believe our soul goes into our knives once we start using them. You wouldn't put your soul in a dishwasher!    

Masaharu Morimoto




“

A burnt and experienced hands are more important than the vessels in the kitchen.

Nikita Dudani



“

I would much rather be a chef who remembers I am a cook then a cook that thinks I am a chef.

Richard (Ric) Peterson



“

To me, there's no great chef without a great team.

Daniel Boulud



“

Often, admiring a chef and getting to know him is like loving goose liver and then meeting the goose.

George Lang



“

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.    

Elsa Schiaparelli



“

I would love to date a chef. I'd probably get really fat, but I don't care.

Elizabeth Olsen



“

A good cook is the peculiar gift of the gods. He must be a perfect creature from the brain to the palate, from the palate to the finger's end.

Walter Savage Landor



“

In any restaurant of this caliber, the chefs are in the same position, building relationships.    

Thomas Keller



“

Being involved, learning firsthand and observing the craft and absorbing all you can, makes it easier to define what you want. It will also ultimately make you a better Chef. Culinary school, or even a single class, is a great bet too.    

Giada De Laurentiis



“

I think the most wonderful thing in the world is another chef. I'm always excited about learning new things about food.

Paul Prudhomme



“

No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.

Julia Child



“

No great pastry chef has sweet teeth.    

Morley Safer



“

Anybody can make you enjoy the first bite of a dish, but only a real chef can make you enjoy the last.

Francois Minot



“

Chef' doesn't mean that you're the best cook, it simply means 'boss.'

Tom Colicchio



“

You're getting to know who the great chefs are through their books.

Thomas Keller



“

If you want to become a great chef, you have to work with great chefs. And that's exactly what I did.

Gordon Ramsay



“

I call all chefs cooks. They're all cooks. That's what we do, we cook. You're a chef when you're running a kitchen.

Tom Colicchio



“

Techniques are not the most difficult to teach. The attitudes chefs take are much more important.    

Alain Ducasse



“

Until I discovered cooking, I was never really interested in anything.

Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ta5OeYYZy0