Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Camping Sayings and Quotes

“

We now no longer camp as for a night, but have settled down on earth and forgotten heaven.

Henry David Thoreau



“

Do not collaborate with someone you would not go camping with.    




“

I went camping for 33 days, and now everybody seems to care.

Colleen Haskell



“

Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.

Jack Handey



“

Camping is nature's way of promoting the motel business.

Dave Barry



“

I think camping is one of those things where if you're forced into it as a child, you'll probably hate it as an adult.

Jeremy Irvine




“

A lot of parents pack up their troubles and send them off to summer camp.

Raymond Duncan



“

My camping days are over, but I might consider glamping.

Christine Feehan



“

It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.    

Dave Barry



“

The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter.

Henry David Thoreau



“

When homeless people go camping, how do they know?

Dana Gould



“

She had the loaded handbag of someone who camps out and seldom goes home, or who imagines life must be full of emergencies.    

Mavis Gallant



“

A perfect day would be to get into the car, drive out to Yosemite and go camping.

Michael Steger




“

The ultimate camping trip was the Lewis and Clark expedition.    

Dave Barry



“

Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.    

George Carlin



“

Camping is not a date; it's an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.

Yvonne Prinz



“

The rite of passage of learning to build a fire that will burn all night with one match is not an insignificant one in my husband's family, and I grew up camping and backpacking. I love to camp.    

Sarah Wayne Callies



“

Canoe plus waterfall equals I don't go camping anymore.

Demetri Martin



“

I go camping with my boyfriend having nothing other than ourselves and the birds to talk with is most relaxing.

Jamie Luner



“

I've been camping and stuff, but if you left me in the woods I'd probably just curl up and cry until someone found me.    

Norman Reedus



“

I grew up camping with my family. We took so many trips. We had an RV, actually, when we were growing up. We did a ton of camping trips and went across the country.

Kirsten Lepore



“

The glories of a mountain campfire are far greater than may be guessed.... One can make a day of any size, and regulate the rising and setting of his own sun and the brightness of its shining.

John Muir



“

If you’re not in New York, you’re camping out.

Thomas E. Dewey



“

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller.    

John Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ta5OeYYZy0