Tuesday 9 May 2017

Camping Sayings and Quotes



We now no longer camp as for a night, but have settled down on earth and forgotten heaven.

Henry David Thoreau





Do not collaborate with someone you would not go camping with.    






I went camping for 33 days, and now everybody seems to care.

Colleen Haskell





Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.

Jack Handey





Camping is nature's way of promoting the motel business.

Dave Barry





I think camping is one of those things where if you're forced into it as a child, you'll probably hate it as an adult.

Jeremy Irvine






A lot of parents pack up their troubles and send them off to summer camp.

Raymond Duncan





My camping days are over, but I might consider glamping.

Christine Feehan





It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.    

Dave Barry





The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter.

Henry David Thoreau





When homeless people go camping, how do they know?

Dana Gould





She had the loaded handbag of someone who camps out and seldom goes home, or who imagines life must be full of emergencies.    

Mavis Gallant





A perfect day would be to get into the car, drive out to Yosemite and go camping.

Michael Steger






The ultimate camping trip was the Lewis and Clark expedition.    

Dave Barry





Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.    

George Carlin





Camping is not a date; it's an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.

Yvonne Prinz





The rite of passage of learning to build a fire that will burn all night with one match is not an insignificant one in my husband's family, and I grew up camping and backpacking. I love to camp.    

Sarah Wayne Callies





Canoe plus waterfall equals I don't go camping anymore.

Demetri Martin





I go camping with my boyfriend having nothing other than ourselves and the birds to talk with is most relaxing.

Jamie Luner





I've been camping and stuff, but if you left me in the woods I'd probably just curl up and cry until someone found me.    

Norman Reedus





I grew up camping with my family. We took so many trips. We had an RV, actually, when we were growing up. We did a ton of camping trips and went across the country.

Kirsten Lepore





The glories of a mountain campfire are far greater than may be guessed.... One can make a day of any size, and regulate the rising and setting of his own sun and the brightness of its shining.

John Muir





If you’re not in New York, you’re camping out.

Thomas E. Dewey





Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller.    

John Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ta5OeYYZy0