Thursday 1 June 2017

Cross Country Sayings and Quotes



The freedom of Cross Country is so primitive. It's woman vs. nature.

Lynn Jennings






Cross Country is like poker. You have to be holding five good cards all the time.

Rollie Geiger





Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Steven Wright





Running cross country is the closest man will ever get to flying.

Joseph Vanderstel





I love running cross country....On a track, I feel like a hamster.    

Robin Williams





Cross Country: No half times, no time outs, no substitutions. It must be the only true sport.    

Chuck Norris






You know you are a cross country runner when your shoes have more mileage than your car.

Wilbert Gilbry





Cross country is a mental sport and we're all insane.

unknown





As cross-country skiers, we tend to be a bit fanatical, because it's our own energy that makes you go.    

Dean Glaze





Every step you take is one step closer to the finish line.    

Clyde Tubick





Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.    

T. S. Eliot





If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.    

John Bingham






Cross country was something that started off as a punishment from my father for low grades. I guess he didn't realize it would take off so well. It gave me something to do with my free time and it taught me to be accountable.    

A.J. Ellison





Sports do not build character. They reveal it.    

Heywood Broun





You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.    

Michael Phelps





If you want to tell something to an athlete, say it quickly and give no alternatives. This is a game of winning and losing. It is senseless to explain and explain.    

Paavo Nurmi





Every athlete has doubts. Elite runners in particular are insecure people. You need someone to affirm that what you are doing is right.

Lynn Jennings





A runner's creed: I will win; if I cannot win, I shall be second; if I cannot be second, I shall be third; if I cannot place at all, I shall still do my best.

Ken Doherty





When you put yourself on the line in a race and expose yourself to the unknown, you learn things about yourself that are very exciting.

Doris Brown Heritage





Cycling is unique. No other sport lets you go like that where there's only the bike left to hold you up. If you ran as hard, you'd fall over. Your legs wouldn't support you.

Steve Johnson





Running cross country is the closest man will ever get to flying.

Joseph Vanderstel





You know you run cross country when you are freakishly good at estimating distances.    

unknown





Sports are a microcosm of society.

Billie Jean King





Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci





I found I could also be good in cross country. I don't think my running style has anything to do with it. If you have speed and your body feels good, you can do any distance.

Catherine Ndereba





Running taught me valuable lessons. In cross-country competition, training counted more than intrinsic ability, and I could compensate for a lack of natural aptitude with diligence and discipline. I applied this in everything I did.    

Nelson Mandela





That's one thing you learn in sports. You don't give up; you fight to the finish.

Louis Zamperini





If I miss anything about the sport, it's the camaraderie of old teammates.    

Bo Jackson





The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.

John Bingham





The start of a World Cross Country event is like riding a horse in the middle of a buffalo stampede. It's a thrill if you keep up, but one slip and you're nothing but hoof prints.

Ed Eyestone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ta5OeYYZy0